Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
This role has been developed as part of our strategy to work in close liaison with our Commercial colleagues in a Business Partner role so that all commercial decisions are aided by the relevant management information available to support the maximisation of profitability. Involvement is in both the understanding and analysis of monthly business performance, as well as helping to evaluate the viability and strategic implications of BU projects.
In addition this role involves a detailed understanding of process costing with the ability to work closely with our plant operations.
- Support the long-term Strategic Planning process of the Special Aromatics global business as well as provide assistance to the Performance Solvents business in Germany, which together form the Life Sciences Division.
- Work with the Business Controller in supporting the Oil & Gas, Electrical Oil Services & Middle Distillates businesses to better understand their business performance & improve forecasting accuracy
- To manage the whole Budgeting process for Sales and Operations down to Gross Profit
- Manage the whole costing process for the organisation involving close liason with personnel in Harwich and Stanlow as well as Leatherhead
- Become a Key SAP system user in the Costing & Manufacturing area of the business (CO)
- Work closely with the Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Procurement organisations in the U.K.
- Work with the Financial Accountant in the Month End Closing & Reporting process.
- Assist the VP Finance, UK in ad hoc projects.
We are looking for a person with energy, drive and persistence.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate advanced analytical skills, typically acquired through at least five years of related experience in a similar (process industry) environment. Additionally, they must have:
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team environment to drive fiscally sound business results
- The skills to effectively communicate to all levels and functions within the organization, both written and verbal
- Progressive experience in financial analysis, management reporting and strategic performance management required
- Ideally should have a general understanding of IFRS reporting requirements
- Have obtained a minimum of 2.1 degree at a relevant university, followed by successful completion of Accounting professional exams (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Possess advanced Excel skills (incl. Pivot tables) with basic skills in PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong experience of working with a major ERP platform, preferably SAP.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints and have the ability to multi-task
- Operational finance experience in a manufacturing environment is a requirement because of the heavy emphasis on product costing.
- Proven success working in a rapidly changing environment as well as the ability to work in a team environment are important.
A full job description is available on request.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you fit the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd March 2018.